Build (the Foundations)
Level 1 focuses on building the foundations for your marketing — brand & messaging, marketing plan, website and social media. The goal is to get a clear picture of what you do or offer, how it is beneficial to others and how you want your company to be seen. Then you can stay focused on and do those things that will really move you towards your goals. By creating a solid foundation in the core four areas, implementing a longer term strategy becomes easier as you move to Level 2.
Level 1 could include:
- Developing a marketing plan
- Branding and messaging (logo update, tagline, etc.)
- Creating a value proposition
- Identifying target audiences
- Updating or building a website as a marketing tool
- Reviewing web content for the right messaging, calls to action and tone of voice
- Creating a communication and website update schedule
- Identifying content needs for lead gen, etc.
- Identifying the best social media channels for your business
- Creating a plan for posting and sharing
Improve and Grow
Level 2 focuses on implementing your strategy and utilizing marketing automation to better optimize both your marketing processes and the way you market. By improving your processes and systems, you free up more of your time to focus on what’s next for the business. By improving the way you market, you are more likely to convert and retain customers that will also happily refer you.
Automation is great for improving many parts of your marketing, but marketing can never be put on autopilot. Even with marketing automation tools scaling up for continued growth means implementing a consistent, clear marketing plan. New campaigns need to be built, new content needs to be created, the website needs to evolve, social media channels need to stay active and metrics ALWAYS need to be reviewed to make sure everything is on track. Most importantly, you need to make sure your customers are happy, loyal and willing to refer you.
Level 2 could include:
- Identifying time consuming tasks and implementing more efficient processes
- Reviewing, cleaning, growing and segmenting your contact list
- Outlining and developing marketing campaigns
- Mapping out content needs
- Setting up metrics and reporting
- Deploying nurture funnels, campaigns
- Filling the sales pipeline
- Rewarding loyal customers
- Encouraging referrals
- Reviewing metrics to improve and adjust strategies
- Amping up your social media and content marketing
- Incorporating video into your marketing